Tuesday, August 4, 2009

An Earthwatch Adventure


I can’t believe the time is finally here. For about 25 years, I’ve known about the wonderful trips that the Earthwatch Foundation arranges – pairing up volunteers with research scientists. In the last few years, I had learned about their Education Fellowships. The time was finally right, and I applied last February….and….was picked! So here I am, helping Lee Dyer research the natural history of caterpillars in southwest Arizona, and how climate changes affect their populations. Check it out at http://www.earthwatch.org/exped/dyer_arizona.html

dyerarizonamain_byLeeDyer.jpg




1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you are doing this Earthwatch adventure! And it's great too, that we back at home are able to see what you are doing through your blog. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete